Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Is it O.K. to use baby shampoo on dogs?

I have used baby shampoo when I've been in a pinch and nothing terrible has happened. But, I wouldn't recommend using it as your regular pet shampoo.Is it O.K. to use baby shampoo on dogs?
No way.Is it O.K. to use baby shampoo on dogs?
No... you've got to use the special shampoo for dogs, otherwise it can cause hair lose, skin irritation and maybe bugs.
no it is not okay--dogs have different skin conditions than humans and need a soap/shampoo that is pH adjusted to their requirements or they will possibly end up with a rash or other skin disorder
In a jam, its probably ok.. but it will strip the fur and with repeated use can make it dry.
I use my shampoo on my dogs... for those who answer ';no'; I would like to know why not. Soap is soap. My dogs don't have fleas, so who cares?
yes cause its 4 baby skin is more delicate than ur dogs
yes, but not hair shampoo. baby shampoo is gentle enough, i use it on my dog
It wont hurt your dog, but it can make them have dry, itchy skin.
I wouldn't use it. I'd use shampoo that was just for dogs. I wouldn't use dog shampoo on a baby either.
not sure, im pretty sure it would be OK. But i would buy dog shampoo
i use johnson's baby shampoo on my dog... i have for years, after confirmation from my vet that it's perfectly safe.
two words - animal cruelty
yea i would just pick up some puppy shampoo
Some people will say no, but baby shampoo is great on dogs, because it doen't sting their eyes, it makes them smell good, but it does not fight fleas, ticks, lice and other critters dogs pick up in their coats.
It's very drying to their skin and will make them itch.
NEVER! Go to a pet store and pick up some dog shampoo. If you have a puppy you can get no tears puppy shampoo.
go to your local pet store and use their stuff, ask your vet about what's safe to use.
I think its best using shampoo specially made for dogs .
i think so. baby shampoo is so mild I'm pretty sure thats ok.
Yes, they need the balanced Ph level;-} but dilute it.
It's not the best choice; humans have a different ph than dogs. If you can't get a dog shampoo, and it's an emergency, it would be better to use diluted dish detergent. Then go get some dog shampoo, preferably tearless.
I have a friend who swears by it. Johnson's Baby Shampoo. Her dogs are always clean and don't seem to have any skin problems or itching from it so I think it's okay. I'd be wary of regular human shampoo, though, with all the chemicals and fragrances.
yes it is. I have been using it on my Italian Greyhound for over 2 years. I give him a bath once or twice a week. It has not made his skin dry at all and his fur is just fine. Plus baby shampoo is tear free so if I get it in his eyes no harm done.





It could make some dogs' skin dry though with frequent use. I guess it has never bothered my dog.
no.usually due to ph contents.. thats why they make Doggy shampoos! ;)


.
human shampoo can hurt a dog if you use it over a long period of time, but once with even human shampoo would be fine, , , , baby shampoo shouldnt hurt it at all.....i use human shampoo on my dogs all the time and their fine.
Not at all, you must use only products for pets....隆隆隆隆隆
NO, did you already? :O
NO


ARE YOU MAD!!!


almost ALL human shampoos have something at the back that says :this product has not been tested on house animals'; (i.e. DOG)


unless u want him to lose his hair, or teeth, or brain, or nose?


definately dont do it... it might have adverse effect such as heightened aggression, violence or may cause damage to your dogs nose bcause its so sensitive





if u really want to then buy dog shampoo, ok?
No even though it is gentle they are not ment for dog skin or coats. It could dry there skin and make they coats dull.
I DON'T THINK SO


YOU SHOULD USE DOG SHAMPOO

1 comment:

  1. It’s hard to find knowledgeable people on this topic, but you sound like you know what you’re talking about! Thanks for sharing this with others.

    Shampoo For Pets

    ReplyDelete