Friday, January 8, 2010

A baby had an severe reaction to shampoo and suffered a severe chemical burn. Is it possible ?

The baby was hospitalized and placed in a burn unit, this injury only occurred on his face. The shampoo was herbal essence for color treated hair..A baby had an severe reaction to shampoo and suffered a severe chemical burn. Is it possible ?
Most people use baby shampoo for babys...thier skin is very thin and subseptible to yes burns from shampoos with perfumes or chemicles. This is a sad story...I hope the parents learned from this.A baby had an severe reaction to shampoo and suffered a severe chemical burn. Is it possible ?
It's absolutely possible. Baby's skin is so much more fragile to the elements. Using Herbal Essence shampoo for colored treated hair has ingredients I wouldn't put on my dog let alone my baby. It's very possible to have severe reactions to any kind of shampoo or soap. I used an all-natural shampoo when I was 30 and it not only gave me blisters on my scalp but caused itching that was out of control. The shampoo was very hair to get out of my hair and I was afraid I would have to shave it off. I lost some hair due to the incident. It turned out that my scalp was allergic to specific essential oils and emollients in the shampoo. If I had put any of those essential oils on my arm or hand, I would have been fine.





When it comes to babies, you have to be careful and realize that allergies and reactions can happen with any product and any food or environmental agent. Basically, it can happen at any age.
Wow, why would anyone use that on their baby? I wouldn't think it would be possible, maybe some minor irritation but not chemical burns and being placed in a burn unit. Sounds fishy.

No comments:

Post a Comment