Friday, January 8, 2010

Is it ok to use adult shampoo on my 7 month old baby?

Ok mommies , this is a silly question but I wanted to know your opinions. The dr told me to use head and shoulders for cradle cap and now its time to switch back to regular shampoo.Is it ok to use adult shampoo on my 7 month old baby?
I wouldn't. I think it would be too strong for their sensitive skin and also it would burn their eyes. My baby's pediatrician also told me to use head and shoulders or selson blue for cradle cap, but only to use it once a week and to use only a tiny bit. I think once the cradle cap is gone, you should go back to the baby shampoo because it is so much more gentle for little babies! :)Is it ok to use adult shampoo on my 7 month old baby?
no. if it gets in their eyes it will burn them.
I wouldn't do that because it will really burn the eyes. I still use kid - tear free shampoo with my 4 year old. My ped. said to put some baby oil gel on the scalp and rub it in, then brush thru it with a baby brush and then wash it out. You have to wash it several times to get the baby oil out, but it does help after a few applications. It worked really well on my second. Also, cradle cap will cure itself with just regular washing and care.
For what it's worth, baby shampoo - Johnson's in particular - is no more 'gentle' than other shampoos. It has a numbing agent in it that numbs the eyes so that it doesn't hurt the baby.
Okay my baby had that and what you can also do is but some cream like curel or baby oil on the baby's head in the morning and in the afternoon apply some more and then softly brush it out that worked for me ..
My doctor told me to use head and shoulders too... but she also said that when the cradle cap goes away go back to the baby shampoo and also to alternate baby shampoo and head and shoulders every other time so that it doesn't irritate his head....
I would not do it. It's too strong for a child that young and also if it got into his/her eyes - Yikes! that would sting.
Switch back to baby shampoo. Adult shampoo burns when you get it in your eyes. Don't subject your baby to this, buy the NO tears brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment