Friday, January 8, 2010

When did you stop using baby wash/shampoo?

My son is 2-1/2 and I still use baby wash for him. I was just wondering when other parents made the switch to regular soap.When did you stop using baby wash/shampoo?
My son is 2.5 yrs old too and I still use Johnson and Johnson Lavender Shampoo on him. He smells SO GOOD!





I actually don't like when my husband washes him with his soap. He smells like a man, and well, he's 2.5 yrs old. He doesn't need to smell like a man.





I'm not ready to make the switch yet. Plus, it's tear-free, and we all know how bad it hurts to get that stuff in your eyes. Dylan hasn't quite grasped ';tilt your head back'; to avoid shampoo in his eyes. So until then, we use the smell good, tear-free kind! :)When did you stop using baby wash/shampoo?
Around 3 years old my daughter's hair wasn't coming out right with baby shampoo. So i started very carefully using adult shampoo and conditioner on her. I personally used baby shampoo until about 14, when I started to care how my hair smelled.





We got some samples of Dove Nutrium(spelling?) soap at the doctor's office. So my whole family, including Cheyenne, has been using it since she was about a month old. She didn't use regular adult soap until she was 5 and had an odor that the dove couldn't cut. After a few washes with antibacterial soap, she was able to go back to dove.





She is 6 now and uses the suave brand kid shampoo. It seems to do an excellent job without being as painful as adult shampoo when it gets in her eyes.





I would advise other parents to use baby shampoo until at least 4 years old, unless their kid needs something stronger before then. And I would advise them to use a gentle soap such as Dove or Ivory when they make that switch.
I still use it on my 4yo and 2.5yo. Really,I find no reason to switch to soap, as their skin is still very delicate. I use California Baby Super Sensitive wash. I bought a gallon of it, and am finding it lasts a looong time. My younger son has eczema and the Johnson products contain SLS, which aggravates his condition. California Bay is the only thing I have found that has no harsh chemicals, no artificial preservatives and no numbing agents, so I'll stick with it as long as I can.
With my oldest, who is now 4, I stopped using baby shampoo when her hair started growing like crazy all of a sudden (she was pretty much bald her first year). I had to go to a kid's shampoo with conditioner in it, the baby shampoo does not condition at all. But as for baby wash, I admit I still use Johnson's baby wash on her. It makes her skin so soft, no need for lotion and it smells good.
My daughter is 4 1/2, and since I have a HUGE bottle of it, that's what we still use. I had to switch to regular kids shampoo awhile ago when her hair got longer, it would get tangled using the baby shampoo/wash on it. But we still use it to wash her body. I use body wash myself, so I'm thinking either I'll use mine for her after the baby stuff is finally gone, or I know there are kids body washes available from the same companies that make the kids shampoo (Suave, Loreal, etc.).





BTW - it's nice to see someone else wondering about this! And after seeing how many of you still use it for your 4 yr. olds or older, I'm thinking maybe I won't quite make the switch yet! I haven't wanted to, the baby stuff is so gentle and smells so nice!
Never used baby shampoo or body wash since she was born. My pediatrician recommended using Dove Body Wash for Sensitive Skin for both body and hair. My daughter has yet to cry if the soap gets in or near her eyes. The product smells great and seems to do the job quite well. Now that my daughter is much more mature (at 18 months) I also use Dove Shampoo specifically for her hair and keep the Body Wash for her body :)
I've been using Dove soap on Tyler since he's been about 18 months (eczema) but recently I've been using Huggies Washclothes; either sensitive skin or shea butter. I still use baby shampoo for his hair (either Johnson %26amp; Johnson's or Huggies).
my kids are 3 and 4 they do not use baby soap. i really never used them they were both allergic to it. i used neutrogena soap on them. now they just use what we use. but you can use it as long as you like. i know kids that are 7 that still use it!
When my daughter was about 3, because I felt like I needed a better shampoo for her hair. I started buying the Suave 2-in-1 shampoo for kids. Its shampoo and body wash and she likes picking the different scents when we go shopping.
You should look into these.





http://www.johnsonsbaby.com/prodPlatform…
I still use baby shampoo and wash for my 3 yr old, they are tear free and gentle on his skin.


Soaps have too much perfume and can ge in his eyes so i don't want to risk it
I still use it. I'm actually still using stuff that I received from baby showers, LOL!!!
My children are 11,8,5, and 2 and they all still use it. It is better than regular shampoo and it still has the no more tears effect!
oh not til 3 or 4? i still use kid's soap for my kids and theyre 7 %26amp; 8. they love the kids soap.
Mine is 4 and I still use it...but I use an adult conditioner as she has a LOT of hair and it's thick
When I was 2
My oldest is 4 and I still use it. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment