Friday, January 8, 2010

How to rinse shampoo without pouring water in baby's eyes?

My ten month old just HATES to have me rinse the shampoo out of his hair. I try to ring out a wash cloth first over his head to try and rinse his hair, but eventually i need to pour some water. I use a cup and try to get his head tilted up but he just refuses to do so. It always ends up running down his face and he gets upset.





Any tips/tricks to avoid this??





Thanks!How to rinse shampoo without pouring water in baby's eyes?
they actually have a cup thing with a rubber side you place against their forehead so no water gets on their face





i know walmart sells them





in my experience however you shouldnt worry about it


if you keep protecting them from it theyll become scared of waterHow to rinse shampoo without pouring water in baby's eyes?
Kids need to learn not to be afraid of it. My son is 8 months and so I lay him down when I rinse out the shampoo so it doens't always go in his face however occasionally I will let the water go in his face over his eyes, he needs to learn that its okay to have the water on his face and not to panic. I do it at least 2 times everynight when rinsing and I think its good for him, he is not scared of it and expects.
cup your hand (palm towards his face) over his forehead and eyes and as you pour the water brush/push it back with your hand - keeps the water out of his eyes but you can still get all of the shampoo out (or if you have a removable shower head in the tub or baby tub you can spray it off) I do both with my kids (2yrs and 1yrs) - if you do the shower head though you will need to get him used to it before spraying his head I let my kids hold it before its on and then show them when its on by spraying their legs or back lightly
When I bathe my daughter I use one of my hands to stop the water from pouring in her eyes. I just put my left hand at the top of her forehead and pour the water on her head with my right hand. When the water tries to run down her face I use my left hand ( that's placed on her forehead) to push the water back. Try it..... works like a charm!
We use this for my son


http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp鈥?/a>





You put the yellow part (it's rubber) up against his forehead and tilt his head back a little and the rubber keeps the water from going into his face. They also have little 'visor' things that keep the water from going into his face. You can get either at Babies R Us or Walmart.
I use a wet wash cloth. It takes longer but there is a lot less water in the eyes. Plus if you squeeze it a little first there is no water in the baby's eye. I have done it that way since my daughter was born.
Well they have a tear free shampoo made by johnson %26amp; johnson which if the shampoo gets into your baby eyes it won't burn





Its really works tried on myself before I tried on my son lol
They actually have baby shampoo now that when you wash it out it doesn't burn their eyes.


:)

No comments:

Post a Comment