Friday, January 8, 2010

Can we use Johnson & Johnson's Baby Shampoo on puppies?

or adult dogs?Can we use Johnson %26amp; Johnson's Baby Shampoo on puppies?
Yes, you can, Dilute the baby shampoo with an equal part of warm water. Be sure to rinse thoroughly. Keep bath water and shampoo out of the dog's eyes, nose, ears and mouth.





Any shampoo that is pH balanced can be used on a dog. ';pH balanced'; simply means that a shampoo is neutral; it is neither acid nor base. There is no such thing as special pH balancing for people or dogs even though the advertisers would like you to think so. Neutral is neutral. pH balanced means it's neutral and that is that.Can we use Johnson %26amp; Johnson's Baby Shampoo on puppies?
Yep! The Johnson and Johnson is really gentle and won't dry out their skin. I don't know if I would use that on an adult dog though because they tend to be dirtier and I don't know how well that would clean. You can buy puppy shampoo and I would reccomend dog shampoo for adults, the oatmeal ones are usually pretty good and gentle.
Why? It's NOT for puppies. It's actually not even a gentle shampoo for dogs.. It just has a pH level that is the same as human tears so it doesn't burn a human baby's eyes. Dogs are NOT the same pH. and it could be very irritating to them. If you're gonna use an OTC dog shampoo, use one that is for dogs and that has oatmeal and aloes in it. But really, what you should do is get your vet to give you a prime shampoo that helps skin, fur, sheen. and kills fleas %26amp; ticks. If you're gonna bathe a dog, use good dog shampoo.


PS Don't bathe more than once a month because any shampoo will dry out a dog's skin %26amp; coat with frequent bathing.
Lizzie is right, there really isn't too much of a difference in the PH. No matter what shampoo you use, you just have to be careful and not get it in their faces or ears. I put cotton balls in their ears when giving my dogs a bath. (The giant ones-so I can get them out when the bath is over) When my dog had yeast, my vet told me to use Selsun Blue Medicated Shampoo to get rid of the yeast. It did! Now I use a dog shampoo with oatmeal.
I would. I use Head and Shoulders on my dogs too because it kills fleas on contact. Afterwards I use regular shampoo on them and it makes them smell so nice. They love it, and their coats are soft and fluffy. I have long hair chihuahuas. I have never had a problem with dry coats. No problems at all.
Why use a human shampoo when the ph level is different in dogs than in humans. Why not buy a suitable puppy shampoo.
No because it's for people not dogs. Their hair and skin are different then ours so use shampoo for dogs.
I think so, but I'm not sure. Call a pet store and ask[:
Yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment