Friday, January 8, 2010

Can i use baby shampoo to clean professional makeup brushes?(i have acne prone skin will this be okay)?

I only buy expensive professional brushes and I want to preserve their life span.





Here's my routine.





I clean my brushes almost daily with a brush cleanser (just to get the color off of them).





But...





Once a week I thoroughly wash them (gently!! dont ruffle the bristles too much!) with Johnson's Baby Shampoo. Just a little dab, and run under lukewarm water (never too hard, you could mess with the glue) until the water washes clean.





Press them gently onto a towel and let them dry on their side or upside down if at all possible. Don't place them face up as you can possible alter their shape while drying.





They will be soft, and clean. I've been using this technique for years and my brushes are still like new.





good luck :o)Can i use baby shampoo to clean professional makeup brushes?(i have acne prone skin will this be okay)?
Yes that will be perfectly fine. You don't need to buy any of those expensive brush cleaners when baby shampoo will do the same thing!Can i use baby shampoo to clean professional makeup brushes?(i have acne prone skin will this be okay)?
better to use something that will cut the oil, dawn dish liquid. make sure you rinse really good. and let them air dry
I've seen this question yesterday, it was just new that time. Hmmm... i read somebody's answer who said that there's actually no particular soap that you should use in cleaning your make up brushes. As long as it can clean it well, that's all that matters!
Yes baby shampoo is gentle,it will work let the brushes


air dry though!!
Yes of course it is okay!! Although you might want to wash it with some antibacterial handsoap first!! I usually clean my brushes every other week or so with handsoap, and then shampoo and conditioner (just to keep the hairs soft and in good condition).

No comments:

Post a Comment