Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Can i use baby shampoo on my rats?

thxCan i use baby shampoo on my rats?
Johnson's baby shampoo (original) is fine to use. It's what I use on my females (and always have). My male is bathed with Dawn original, just because he needs a little help with the oil build up.Can i use baby shampoo on my rats?
Although it is recommended to buy a shampoo that is made for small animals, many sources state that baby shampoo will be fine as it is a milder form of shampoo. Only use a formula that states ';no tears'; when using baby shampoo. Kitten or puppy shampoo is also fine to use, but again- a shampoo made for small animals is going to be the best way to go.
Rats kept in clean cages should never need a bath. They can clean themselves. If they are dirty, please use a product designed for dogs or cats as the pH in human soaps and dishwashing liquids are not correct for animals. Here is a list of directions for rat bathing.





http://www.afrma.org/pp_ratbathing.htm
I use pure %26amp; naturelle rose petals and yogourt. It's a botanical body wash. It's very gentle and wont irritate their skin. I recently bathed out two week old rats with it even.
I use kitten shampoo for my rats I don't think baby shampoo is very safe.
No, they do a great job cleaning themselves. Not only that, but they hate water!
eww rats, wash em in acid

No comments:

Post a Comment