Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Is baby shampoo bad for dogs?

No not at all! It's made for a gentle delicate skinned baby. I read ingredients in dog shampoos and baby shampoo is much more gentle. When I got my poodle she had dry flakey skin, the vet said some poodles are prone to it. I was using dog shampoo and switched to baby shampoo and has no problems since.Is baby shampoo bad for dogs?
Depends on a lot of things.... How often you bath your dog..how sensitive their skin is. Baby shampoo is very drying. I raise Shih-tzu and have used it on their face but would never think of using it on their whole body. Their coat is very important to their looks. Use a fast drying oatmeal shampoo. I bathe my dogs once a week and baby shampoo would dry out their hair and make it look fly away, even with using a good dog conditioner. As a groomer..most will tell you the same.. Baby shampoo is for babies.. Is baby shampoo bad for dogs?
haha no, it's actually good for them. it makes their fur soft, and unlike adult shampoos baby shampoos dont have a crap load of chemicals so it's safe and tear free.


plus it makes your dog smell like a baby:)
YES!


It's made for greasy humans,NOT dogs!


No human shampoos are formulated for dogs but ';baby'; stuff is the WORST!
no, I use baby shampoo on all of the new mother dogs when I give them a bath and even on my young puppies and when my dogs have surgeries. I use johnson%26amp;johnson
No,


I use Johnsons Baby shampoo (Tear free) on all my dogs, and their coats get very shiny after wards.


I use too use dog shampoo and it just isn't the same. lol.
No, i suppose.





But u'd better buy a shampoo for dogs.





it won't cost u much and the whole situation will be much safer ^^
nope, its more sensative..its good because it wont dry out their skin..you CANT bathe them too much though,but baby shampoo isnt bad.
no, its not bad at all


we use it on our dogs but around their heads so that we won't get the dog shampoo in their eyes
Only if it's chocolate scented.
No as long as if its tear free

No comments:

Post a Comment