Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Can i use johnsons baby shampoo/bedtime bath on my cat since i dont have any kitty shampoo left?

Why do you bathe your cat? I can never understand why people bathe their cats. Cats are self-cleaning. They are grooming constantly. To bathe them only dries their skin. I have many cats and have never bathed them; they are the cleanest animal you can have.Can i use johnsons baby shampoo/bedtime bath on my cat since i dont have any kitty shampoo left?
Yes, I consider it to be gentle and safe for your kitty.Can i use johnsons baby shampoo/bedtime bath on my cat since i dont have any kitty shampoo left?
hey.... if you can afford internet access to post goofy questions like this one surely you can afford kitty shampoo for your kitty......


stop being lazy and get your butt to the pet store to get kitty shampoo...
Have fun giving your kitty a bath...There may be something in the shampoo that is bad for your cat's skin,and it will probably dry it out.There's really no reason to bathe your cat in the first place,and if you really feel the need,the bath can wait until you get more kitty shampoo =)
don't give your cat a bath...they are self cleaning....
yeah.. it wont hurt the cat.. have fun cuz most cats hate baths..
NO. Human shampoos are NOT safe for use on pets. Please consult a reputable groomer, pet store or veterinarian before ever using human products on pets. Many products that are safe for humans (example: Tylenol) will kill a cat. Human shampoos have a different pH level than shampoos used for pets.





I agree with the majority of people who have answered that you don't need to bathe your cat. Cats are self-grooming, and if you continue to bathe your cat, he or she will eventually stop grooming themselves. If you insist upon bathing the cat, or your cat no longer self-grooms, then be sure you use a gentle cat shampoo only on your pet.





Good luck!
Yes, no more tears for the kitten.
Yes, she will smell just like a new born baby. (If she allows u to wash her lol)
I write this from experience. Regular bathing of cats really isn't necessary as many of the others that wrote a response said. Occasionally tho, it's ok to bathe a cat. If you think the cat really needs a bath it's fine to use baby shampoo. Just remember to rinse the shampoo out completely. No matter what kind of shampoo you use, baby or cat shampoo. Like us, if we don't rinse our hair well, we get itchy scalp. Kitty will also be itchy and get dry skin and fur, not good. Rinse the shampoo out real well until you see just water coming off of your cat. Hope this helped!
I only use baby shampoo on my cats. Gerber's. And they smell GOOD for a long time after.





Those of you that don't have to bathe your cats, lucky you. My white one starts looking tan if I don't keep her clean, and my black one looks greasy. I've been bathing them about once a month since they were teeny tiny, and while it's not their FAVORITE activity, they tolerate it well.
personally i don't give my cat baths. The shampoo is used on babies because it is gentle. I use it on my dog and don't bother buying any special shampoo. I haven't noticed any side effects and I've been doing it for years. Just make sure that it is completely washed out or the cat might try to lick it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment