Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Hi ,i am asking about a good brand for baby moisturizing, shampoo, soap....can any one help me?

I really like Aveeno Baby- it is more natural than Johnson's and gentle on baby!Hi ,i am asking about a good brand for baby moisturizing, shampoo, soap....can any one help me?
You've been given 3 great answer already. Tried and true is always your best way to go. Pricey doesn't mean better and trendy certainly doesn't mean better. I've always loved the smell of Baby Magic Lotion. That was my choice for my 3 kids. Johnson %26amp; Johnson has been a household name for years, obviously it's a good product and Burt's Bee's is fairly new compared to the 2 I've just mentioned, but it's still a good brand. There's also Yardley baby soap, which smells wonderful. A lot of scented items should only be used when baby is a little older. If you have a newborn, then Johnson's is tried and true. I actually didn't bathe my newborns for 2 weeks or so with soap. I sponge bathed them with warm water and used the baby magic lotion as you would a liquid shower gel. Baby's don't play in the dirt, so no need for harsh soaps or any soaps for that matter. Milky and sweaty smells are easily cleansed with a soft cloth and a little warm water and lotion. Better for their skin. I did the same for my son's hair because he had cradle cap and it only lasted 2-3 weeks. Enjoy these times because as they grow, the smells don't get any better. Ha Ha lol.Hi ,i am asking about a good brand for baby moisturizing, shampoo, soap....can any one help me?
Johnsons is good for babys but after reading the bottle as it gave my baby brother rashes we found that they dont really recommend it for new born babies.


we ended up getting bought as a gift a load of shampoo and sopas, creams etc from boots called; little me; they are all organic and non harming to the babies skin.


we have found them to work very well and dont cost over the top, i think that they are frequently on offer but are no more than a couple of pounds.


but if the baby is over 6 months johnsons is by far the winner.
i have two kids with sensitive skin, a history of eczema, and food allergies. Aveeno regular baby wash is the only thing i will use on either of my kids. the creamy lavender stuff made my son's hair look greasy. my neice who has long hair uses aveeno to wash and then a regular adult conditioner on the ends of her hair.





you shouldn't use any lotion on a baby unless the doctor tells you to. a newborn's skin will appear dry and cracked, but that's very normal and using a moisturizer will just prolong it. you can ask the doctor about it if you are concerned, but they will tell you to leave it alone.





we also like the aveeno diaper rash cream. for more stubborn rashes, we use the Dr. Smith's ointment.





don't use baby powder on a baby unless the doctor tells you to. babies can inhale the powder and it's not good for them.
People will tell you Johnson %26amp; Johnson but it is harsh and not made with natural ingredients. I don't like using a lot of chemicals on my baby.





I use Baby Burts Bees and Californa Baby. Both are hypoallergenic.
Aveeno


Johnson and Johnson


Baby Magic
any that doesn't contain petrochemicals or sodium laurel sulphates.





Which means NO johnson and johnson.That stuff is no good for babies skin...
I love Johson %26amp; Johnson, and Aveeno Baby.
Aveeno with Oatmeal was recommended by my son's pediatrician
Johnson's is a great brand but Target is too.
Burt's Bees! All natural, smells really good and is very gentle!
Can't go wrong with Johnson and Johnson! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment