Thursday, December 31, 2009

Can I use baby shampoo on my babys sponge baths?

she is 11 days old and her umblical cord is still on so its sponge baths right nowCan I use baby shampoo on my babys sponge baths?
Yes, it its fine to use baby shampoo.Can I use baby shampoo on my babys sponge baths?
Well yes of course...baby shampoo or baby body wash...whichever. The umbilical cord is dead tissue, it is not an open wound or anything, so you can put her in her bath and wash her normally, just they say try not to get the cord too wet because it delays it falling off. But you know the best way to make it come off quicker is to pull a big piece of loose cotton wool into like a sausage shape and wet it with medical alcohol...like cleaning alcohol that they use for cleaning wounds. Then wrap it around the base of the belly button. and hold for a few moments. Don;t worry if your baby grumbles or cries...its not out of pain...its because the cleaning alcohol is very cold. The nurse told me this.





Good luck. :)
Sure! Only on her hair of course....


I did w/ my first son. He had a HEAD FULL OF HAIR..*lol. It smells nice and cleanses well. However it's not necessary. Babies don't get that dirty.


Just becareful and test things out. My 2nd son had excema. Shampoo... or ANYTHING scented will break him out horribly. IF this happens.. just stick w/ like cetaphil cleanser or something, but it shouldn't if you've been using a normal baby wash.


Should be fine --- just don't get it around his umbilical cord... dont' get it wet! Which you know already:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment