Sunday, December 27, 2009

I need to know how to get baby shampoo out of my couch my nephew poured the whole bottle on the couch.?

If you have the slip cover type just take off the


cover and put in the washer under gentle cycle.


If not use a upholstery shampooer. You'll need


to work on this for a while. Just use water.I need to know how to get baby shampoo out of my couch my nephew poured the whole bottle on the couch.?
i wood use a carpet cleanimg machine but make sure to put fabric softner in the dirty water tank just a little so the tank wont fill with suds every 5 minutsI need to know how to get baby shampoo out of my couch my nephew poured the whole bottle on the couch.?
First, borrow a shop vac and get out as much as you can with that. Then sprinkle it with (dry) corn starch, let it set a while, then use the shop vac again. (Dry corn starch absorbs liquid. I just took spilled coke out of a light colored couch with corn starch.) Repeat the corn starch as often as needed to get it all out. Then, perhaps you could use a Bissell or other furniture vac, but if you don't get as much shampoo out as you can at first, you will be inundated with suds.





When you are finished, be certain to thoroughly clean the shop vac or the next user could have a mess, especially if s/he is vacuuming up a liquid.





Hope this helps you. Joyce
I'd load it into the bed of my truck and drive through the auto-wash until it came out or I got bored, which ever happened first
You may NEVER get it all out even with steam cleaning. I would expel the nephew from my home. He sounds like a brat!
Eeeeee!! throttle!!! throttle!!!


Looks like it's the time to call a carpet/furniture cleaner, or if you know any one with one of those Little Bissell spot/furniture Machine. They work great!


I was given an old recliner once that I guess was an old mans chair, and the spot where he put his head was like covered in oil, black and greasy,Uk.......I borrowed my friends little Bissell and it worked great!!


Good Luck!! PS ... if you can't find a Bissell, try renting a carpet cleaner from your grocery store!!!
Depending on how the couch is made and where the rotter spilled the shampoo, you might just be able to get a new cushion and wash the cover. That would save you a lot of bother. Then send the bill to the precious little nipper's parents.
Go to the home depot (or that type) and rent a steam cleaner with upholstery attachment. It's going to take quite a few water changes to get that out.

No comments:

Post a Comment