Thursday, December 31, 2009

Is baby shampoo good to wash your dog with?

hello i have a 2 and half year old female papillon and i need to bath her more then once a month almost like 3 times a month and I was told baby shampoo works great is the true or could anyways suggest anything else thanks so muchIs baby shampoo good to wash your dog with?
Never use human products on a Papillon or any dog for that matter. The pH balance of the shampoo will damage the quality and texture of the coat. Also make sure to use a conditioner on the coat as well.





I usually recommend Vellus or Pet Silk to help retain the silkiness of a Papillon coat.Is baby shampoo good to wash your dog with?
I use it on my Chihuahua and I used it on my rats too. I have not had a problem. I heard it is very gentle, so that's what I use.


I should buy dog shampoo, but I worry about what kind of chemicals are in the dog shampoos.


I just noticed some dog shampoos that are more gentle, there are several kinds, some are for dogs with sensitive skin or dogs that need to be bathed more often.
No use a Dog shampoo....if you wash your Dog too often it will wash all of the natural oils on your Dogs skins.





Groom your Dog daily and if you go out and your Dog gets muddy just wipe it down with a dry towel and groom afterwards.





My Dog has had about 4 baths in his lifetime and he is coming up for 3 and he doesn't smell....in fact my friends ask me if i have bathed him when i haven't.
Well, I don't see why it wouldn't. But my best bet would be to use Dawn Dish soap. If you leave it on for a few minutes, it kills fleas wonderfully.
You should use a shampoo for dogs. Humans and dogs have different skin pH levels and human shampoos can be drying.

No comments:

Post a Comment