Thursday, December 31, 2009

Is it okay to use diff. baby products(lotion,shampoo,etc) until you find one your comfortable with?

...Or should you stick to just one brand?Is it okay to use diff. baby products(lotion,shampoo,etc) until you find one your comfortable with?
Yes, there is nothing wrong with finding the brand you are comfortable with. And if it's your first child, you will likely have a good chance to try different products because you will probably get lots of different stuff at your baby shower :)Is it okay to use diff. baby products(lotion,shampoo,etc) until you find one your comfortable with?
yes definitely!! we used the Johnson's and johnson head to toe body wash until i figured that a baby shampoo would be more appropriate for her hair since she sweat there more. 2 weeks later she began to have eczema so we switched to aveeno, its been working for us ever since.. but i definitely feel you should try different things especially since everything is getting more expensive..you never know the cheaper ones can save a bundle of money and do the same job if not better!
It is fine to change until you find something that you like, But if you have a very new baby, then you probably shouldn't be using lotions at all. My baby had very dry skin at first and this sounds very odd but the pediatrician told me no lotions, but that I could use Safflower Oil (yes the cooking kind). It worked great- didn't smell and soaked right into her skin and didn't leave oil everywhere.
The BEST advise I've ever been given and what I like to pass on is to go with your intuition and what you know is best for your baby. I like to hear what others' (some) have to say, but ultimately, I do what feels right to me.





I've always used natural products on my son. Some of my favorites are: Wal-mart, near me, carries this product at a very reasonable price is Tom's of Main, natural moisturizing bath wash. It's scent free, but not tear free. The one I used on my son after he was born was Aubrey Organics, Baby Wash. I've used a lot of their products and really love them.





If a product is too harsh or not right for your baby, you'll know shortly after using the product if he/she breaks out in a rash. I've never had that happen using the natural products, but have friends who this has happened to using some common Name Brands.






I wouldn't use baby shampoo no matter what brand it was. The reason baby shampoos are ';no tears'; is because it is made with saline...saline is salt water...and salt dries. I have always used Pantene on my kids hair even when they were babies...you just have to be careful not to get it into their eyes.
Of course! As the others have said though, wait about a week before trying something new. I have found Boudreaxs Butt Bath works great, its ph balanced for baby's skin...its a great shaving aid for mom too, leaves your skin much softer than shaving creams and gels.
seriously before you use ANY baby product on your baby google the words on the back, you will be disgusted and horrified at what you find!! I use all natural products now. chlorine? formaldehyde? alcohol? not on my baby!!!
It is Ok but use them for at least a week before switching to another. That way you will no which one, if any, irritates their skin or they are allergic to.
its alright but dont switch too soon after using one. give it some time. i like Aveeno, they have the best products :)
Sure, but give it a week ,then if you don't like it change.
Oh, yes. If you don't, a Johnson's representative comes into your family's bathroom and says ';Tsk, tsk. You should have spent more on that scented soap!'; until you switch back.

No comments:

Post a Comment