Tuesday, December 22, 2009

How do I stop my daughter's hair from looking greasy after using Johnson and Johnson's baby shampoo?

Right after her bath and after I towel dry it her hair looks soft and clean, by the next day her hair looks really greasy/oily. I am using the tiniest amount of baby shampoo and am rinsing it off completely. Has anyone else had this problem and if so what did you do to fix it? My daughter is almost 7 weeks old and believe it or not she was born with a ton of hair and I'm worried if I switch products her skin could react badly. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for all your help.How do I stop my daughter's hair from looking greasy after using Johnson and Johnson's baby shampoo?
It may not be the shampoo it may just be her natural oils. I would try something else just once to see how it'll affect her skin and if it does the same thing you know it's not the soap it's just her. I've seen a lot of babies like that. It's good though b/c their skin isn't too dryHow do I stop my daughter's hair from looking greasy after using Johnson and Johnson's baby shampoo?
How often are you washing it? At 7 weeks old she really doesn't even need bathed every day and her hair washed only weekly if that. Washign it too often will do the same as your would with overwashing. It will encourage her scalp to continue producing too many oils. It will stay this way a while but after a wash or two at normal intervals it will slack off.
That is how it is when they are little. My sons were like that also. They will grow out of it.
Maybe try one of the more natural lines of shampoo/baby wash. I personally like Aveeno for my daughter and I think JOhnson %26amp; Johnson has a new natural line...





Every day when i washed my DD's face as a tiny baby I would also run it through her little bit of hair.. she barely had any so it didn't do much, but maybe if you make that part of your morning routine it might help.
My daughter had a mop of hair when she was born. The only product that didn't leave her greasy or flaky was Mustela Dermo-Cleansing. I bought the 16.9 ounce when she was a few weeks old. She's two and I still have some left because you only need a little. I recommend it.
Just try switching shampoos. If she has a bad reaction, well then you know not to use that product. But chances are, it's not going to phase her any. I used all kinds of different shampoos with mine. It just depended on what my budget was, or maybe I liked the smell of a new product that came out. I never had any allergy problems with it. All baby shampoos are made to be hypoallergenic and very safe for baby's sensitive skin.


If all other baby shampoos leave her hair the same way, try an adult shampoo, like Neutrogena clarifying shampoo and conditioner. You just have to be careful not to get it in her eyes thats all. I'm pretty sure Neutrogena's products are relatively mild too. But any shampoo that claims to be CLARIFYING should do the trick.
Switch to Baby Magic. I used it for years. Don't worry why Johnson's does not work for you, just try another brand. Baby Magic smells good too. :)
I suggest switching to a completely different shampoo altogehter, just to be safe

No comments:

Post a Comment