Thursday, December 31, 2009

Can I use baby shampoo on my cockatoo?

my golfin cockatoo is very stained with dirt. I give him a bath but it doesn't come off any suggestionsCan I use baby shampoo on my cockatoo?
You could use baby shampoo, but only every 2-3 months or so with the soap, as it will dry their skin out. Also, baby shampoo will not hurt their eyes if it gets in there- but try to keep it out of their eyes still. There are also special shampoos for birds, especially white cockatoos.





Another suggestion for stains is to use hydrogen peroxide on the stain, especially blood stains, and then rinse it off with Dawn and water. Dawn and hydrogen peroxide will not harm the feathers, but WILL be harmful for their eyes.





Check the site for some more tips!Can I use baby shampoo on my cockatoo?
DON'T USE SHAMPOO!!! That's probably the last thing you want to do, it could kill your bird. As long as the dirt isn't bothering him/harming him, don't worry about it. If it really does bother you though, try filling a spray bottle with water, and spritzing him with it through the bars of his cage.
i wouldn't use shampoo on birds, it could hurt their skin. i'd just bathe him alot. i don't think soaps and shampoo is good for them, we just wash our birds with plain old water, but it might just take some time to get all the way clean.
  • skin cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment