Thursday, December 31, 2009

Can I use baby soap/shampoo when washing my hands prior to putting contact lenses in?

No store in my town sells unscented soap.Can I use baby soap/shampoo when washing my hands prior to putting contact lenses in?
Hello there! Ya I know these days all the soaps have different scents and lotion beads in them..lol


The best thing for you to is completely avoid soaps with lotions in them!


Unscented soaps are the best, but if you cannot find any unscented soaps then a mildly scented soap will do.


Baby soap is very mild and there should be no problem in using it. Just make sure that you rub your hands together with the soap for about a minute and rinse off thoroughly. Its also a good idea to turn the tap off with a paper towel so your hands don't get dirty again :)


So yes using baby soap is fine :) Hope that helpsCan I use baby soap/shampoo when washing my hands prior to putting contact lenses in?
Yes, it is actually what most dr.'s will tell you to use to wash your eye when you get irritation for allergies and other small infections.
You can use any type of soap on your hands. You wash the soap off and dry your hands. Just don't put on lotion or brush your teeth first, that bites.
Just rinse your hands well
Baby shampoo and soap also has additives. I used glycerine soaps (heck even my hardware store has this). Just use the soap you got until you find something unscented. Rinse your hands well. Most folks just use ordinary bath soap.








No longer have contacts due to dry eye. :(
Wash will soap, and then rinse well. Don't ever use plain water. It will not kill germs that can cause infections. Good Luck.
I would personally recommend an antibacterial soap to kill germs, you never know what lingers and eye infections are no fun!! Someone has to sell antibacterial dish soap or body soap, make certain you scrub up well and rinse well also, then I would dry my hands on paper towels so you don't get more germs that could lurk in a towel. Paper towels are usually less lint prevalent also, lint can irritate the eye as well!!





Good luck!! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment