Thursday, December 31, 2009

What can I use to wash my kitten besides baby or cat shampoo?

Usually u shouldn't wash cats/kittens. But since there is oil around the ears then that is a good idea. You shouldn't use anytype of shampoo or dishsoap since the water and soap can get into the kittens ears. You should get some washing wipes that are made for animals. Then just rub around the oily area. That should do the trick!What can I use to wash my kitten besides baby or cat shampoo?
Lemon Joy (the dish washing liquid) It is very gentle and even kills fleas.What can I use to wash my kitten besides baby or cat shampoo?
Pet stores sell wet-wipes for cats/kittens, so you dont have to try to stick the kitty in the sink (watch out for the claws!) I just use my own child's wipes when my cat needs help cleaning.
If you're just washing her because you think she needs to be cleaned by you, that isn't necessary for a cat. They keep themselves very clean. You can even dry out her skin and cause irritation by using soaps on her.
I think baby shampoo is too drying...I use Nexxell Therapee on my baby girl
Unless your cat lives outside...which I don't recommend.....your kitten shouldn't need washed very often....rarely if ever. I wouldn't recommend washing her unless you know that she has gotten into something dirty or she smells. I would recommend baby shampoo...it won't irritate the eyes.
there are dry shampoos on the market. Check PetSmart, Petco, or even your local grocery store.

No comments:

Post a Comment