Sunday, December 27, 2009

Will it be okay to use johnsons baby shampoo to bathe my dog?

yes but better to buy a special dog shampooWill it be okay to use johnsons baby shampoo to bathe my dog?
absolutely not!!! This shampoo is too harsh. I wouldn't even use it on myself. Dog shampoo is fine, but if you are looking for something a bit less expensive (my dog is huge and takes lots of shampoo to wash) try Palmolive Dish Washing Soap. Its green and remember Madge? It actually is very gentle and works great. If you are worried about the eyes, put a little vasaline or petroleum jelly on the eyes to keep the soap out. I am very careful about washing the head and face.





I got this tip from a dog show handler and have used this for years. If you run out of Palmalive you can use Dawn, but its not as gentle.





For a rinse use an inexpensive human conditioner. I don't get great results with suave, but Treseme or Panetine is Okay. This helps comb out after the wash. Just rinse it well.Will it be okay to use johnsons baby shampoo to bathe my dog?
yes! although not too much. dogs have different oils in the skin than humans do, so using any type of human shampoo will strip dogs skin of essential oils, drying it out and forcing the dog to produce more oils, therefore leaving a greasy feeling on your dog. Try Earthbath or Cain %26amp; Abel shampoos, they have certain blends of oild in them that will clean fur but not strip the skin. You can get it Earthbath at Petco, or order either online, website attached.
Yes, I use it on my dog and the baby shampoo is really gentle and if it gets in the dogs eyes it doesnt burn. Also, the baby shampoo doesnt take off flea medication. Baby shampoo is great, I cou;dnt find any links but I asked my vet and its great
I wouldn't because of the fact that dogs skin is different than human skin and you have to protect it with the special formulated dog shampoo.It's specifically made for them like baby shampoo is made for babies.
Alot of people will say no, but you sure can. The important thing is to make sure that you rinse the dog really, really good. Now, if you know that your dog has skin issues, I wouldn't do it.
Yes it is, and yes, you should dilute it. Try 1 part shampoo to 4 parts water.





Rinse WELL or you'll have a very itchy dog.
Yeh, i do, but only on the head because i dont like using the propper dog shampoo around their eyes because it might get in a sting. Johnsons won't though :)
No, you should use dog shampoo. It's formulated for dogs. Baby shampoo is formulated for babies.
Yes then make sure you rinse and rinse and rinse. The more important thing is to get your dog dry befor the day cools. So he/she is comfortable at night.
yes because it is soft enough for babYS AND THEIR SKIN IS AS SENSITIVE AS A DOG SO YES IM BEST ANSWER ALL THE WAY
Yes, very okay, Just make sure you rinse them really well or they are itchy.
yes its ok but you should only use a small amount it can irritate the skin if not rinsed properly
absolutly fine hun i always wash my dog with it always get comments about his coat xxxxx
Yes, it works fine. Just dilute it.
yeah, it works great. thats what i use and it makes my dog veryvery soft.
Yes it is fine.
yes

No comments:

Post a Comment