Thursday, December 31, 2009

When did you switch over from baby shampoo/soap to children's kind?

and when did you start using 'real' soap?When did you switch over from baby shampoo/soap to children's kind?
my daughter is 7 and i still buy her the kids kind of shampoo (b/c she has super long hair and gets real shampoo in her eyes then screams bloody murder) but she uses real conditioner. and if worst comes to worst she uses real shampoo but i help her a little bit.


and her and her baby sister share baby soap. my older daughters skin gets really irritated when she uses any color or scented soap(im the same way).When did you switch over from baby shampoo/soap to children's kind?
ive never heard of california baby. illlook out for it.my favorite is huggies cucumber and melon (wipes too!) it smells so refreshing and my kids love it too:) Report Abuse

That's a good question. Some babies don't really need baby soap at all, and others are really really sensitive. My daughter started using ivory bar soap pretty much as soon as she was big enough to start helping wash herself. My son has terrible allergies and couldn't stand regular soap until he was 4. He's 8 now and still can't have anything with dyes or perfumes.





The best way to figure out if your kid is ready to change to regular soap is just to give it a try and keep an eye out. If it appears to be irritating their skin, give them another bath in baby soap, and wait a little while longer.
about 2/3 my youngest daughter whos 1 is still using


baby shampoo. My eldest daughter who is 5 is using


big girl shampoo now and has been since she was 2.
Sophie is 2.5 and I still only use California Baby or Burts Bees body washes/shampoos on her. They are just better for her without all the chemicals in the main brands.
My son uses Johnson and Johnson shampoo/conditioner for curly hair.


As soon as his hair was long enough, I switched him over to that.
a year and a ahlf


hes barely two so i havent switched him to real soap%26amp;probably wont till hes 5 since the baby stuff smells GOOD
2 1/2 =)
when he was about 2 yrs old...

No comments:

Post a Comment