Thursday, December 31, 2009

Can I use baby shampoo to clean my leather coat?

I just found this great vintage leather coat at a consignment store and I want to have it cleaned. I heard baby shampoo works well. is this true?Can I use baby shampoo to clean my leather coat?
Whoa鈥?im all 4 old remedies but when it comes to something as leather! Take it to the cleaners. Y mess up a leather coat just because. Because if in some case that it doesn鈥檛 work you will be kicking yourself later for it. Can I use baby shampoo to clean my leather coat?
it depends what kind. My brother got one for his birthday and it got really dirty. we tried that and it worked great. A few months later, my dad got one for x-mas. again it got dirty and we tried the baby shampoo. but it turned it a funny color and it just didn't work so well. So i don't know what to tell ya;)
Baby shampoo does work but you are better off just wiping the coat with a damp cloth and drying right away and see if that works on its own. Make sure you don't get the coat too damp as leather can harden when it gets wet.
  • skin cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment