Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Need help can we use baby shampoo or lotion on our dog who is constantly itching?

not due to fleas


vets says it is skin allergies to grass


what is a good shampoo or lotion for dogs can you use baby shampoo on pets?Need help can we use baby shampoo or lotion on our dog who is constantly itching?
A good dog oatmeal shampoo, or a mellaluca oil shampoo. Also tea tree oil treatment will help alot.


Don't not use human shampooNeed help can we use baby shampoo or lotion on our dog who is constantly itching?
I have been researching this too and some of the answer boards have had responses from people saying that their vet put their dog on either steroids to help treat the itchiness or simply children's benadryl. I haven't tried either yet for my very itchy dog (not fleas either), but I am going to explore one suggestion to change her diet to the RAW diet which is apparently very good for dogs with allergies! I will let you know if it works... :-)





I am also going to add some oatmeal in a sock to her bath and that should help to soothe the itch. If I can find a shampoo or conditioner for her with oatmeal that would be even better!
yes you can use baby shampoo you may also want to try T-gel shampoo. I have used it on my dog (ridgeback-pitt mix) and it has helped. also your vet can recommend stuff or your local feed and supply store can help.
yes but just remember a dog groomer business might have a good


one to recomment as they wash dogs a lot call one and ask what


it is they would use if you were to bring your dog in/dog allergies


involved


good luck
Shampoo and lotion will not hurt dogs or cats. And I hope your vet gave you some meds for your pet, If not get some antihistamine. Give as directed.








Hope this helps!!!






u can use baby shampoo. don't use baby lotion.
  • skin cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment