Thursday, December 31, 2009

Does anyone know of any hypoallergenic shampoos besides Johnson's Baby Shampoo?

Actually Baby Shampoos are generally NOT hypoallergenic! All they are, is shampoos w a PH (acidity level) such that it does not burn, should it enter the eyes.





But actually this PH level is bad for the hair, way too aggressive. Which is why any adult who goes for baby shampoo, thinking it'll be good/soft on the hair, is wrong and shouldn't do it.





Apart from that, there are lots of hypoallergenic shampoos out there, but brands/offer vary a lot by geography so it's tough to advise. Maybe best to start at local pharmacy/drugstore and ask for advice.





Brands like Neutrogena, Nivea, L'Oreal, will of course have hypoallergenic shampoos.Does anyone know of any hypoallergenic shampoos besides Johnson's Baby Shampoo?
No, but I suggest organic shampoos. You find them at health stores. Try Trader Joes or Henry's market. They might be a bit expensive but they are worth while.Does anyone know of any hypoallergenic shampoos besides Johnson's Baby Shampoo?
Aveeno..Wonderful stuff..My nephew had eczema and it was a life saver for him...
I believe brands like you see at the health food store are hypoallergenic and color and chemical free. I was thinking about Jason's, Ecco Bella, Zum, Burt's Bees and others. I think my neighborhood store carries over 20 brands. You can look on drugstore.com and they will carry a lot of brands too. Best of luck to you! Also there is Dr. Brommer's liquid soap.
ONe thing to notice when you look at organic and hypoallergenic shampoos is are they fragrance free, or just using 'botanicals' for frgrance. If fragrance is your problem, which is common, then you need one with NO fragrance. Sallys Beauty Supply has one.
I'm not sure of the specific brand names but I have seen them at stores like wild oats and whole foods. I feel your pain I have to use hypoallergenic everything since I'm allergic to just about anything.
California Baby products are great for ppl with allergies. Found at Whole FOods and onlien and other health food stores
Aveeno is very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment