Thursday, December 31, 2009

My toy poodle is shedding alot of hair i used to use HARTZ puppy shampoo than i changed it to baby shampoo?

he may be blowing his puppy coat and getting his adult coat in.





Poodles do shed.. they shed less than other breeds, but they do shed. I'd watch how much you bathe.. it strips the natural oils from the coat. He should only be bathed if he gets dirty, or when he gets groomed.





Daily brushing will remove shedding hairs, dirty/debris, and help condition the coat and prevent matting.





Hartz products of any kind are crappy. I wouldnt use baby shampoo either.. its meant for babies, not puppies. Go to petsmart or petco and look for a good conditioning shampoo. I like Tomlyn Pearls au lait.My toy poodle is shedding alot of hair i used to use HARTZ puppy shampoo than i changed it to baby shampoo?
here is what i say it might either be a skin disease or it might be needing a vitamen or the shampoo is too strongMy toy poodle is shedding alot of hair i used to use HARTZ puppy shampoo than i changed it to baby shampoo?
I have a bichon, and I thought he was shedding a lot too. Turns out, when I took him to the vet, that he was having skin allergies. I'm such a bad mom that I had noticed the itching and hadn't thought anything about it b/c I had already checked for fleas and found none. I was using the Pearls au Lait, but the vet said it was too irritating to his skin. For white dogs, only bathe about once a month and always use a shampoo and conditioner that says ';soap free.'; We use something from the vet that's oatmeal-based, and he's loads better. We even use it on our papillon now, and I've noticed that it makes her hair shinier. Each bottle is about $17, but using it on a loofah sponge helps cut down on the amount you use at one time. Make sure to tell your groomer about the sensitive skin, too.
  • skin cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment