Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Can i use baby shampoo to bath my newborn?

is it ok to use johnson baby products to first time bath my newborn?i intend to do so plz guide.Can i use baby shampoo to bath my newborn?
I wouldn't suggest the shampoo yet, but the Johnson's baby wash is fine for both body and hair... I'd go with that right now and use the shampoo when the baby is a little older.Can i use baby shampoo to bath my newborn?
Thats what I always used. I prefered the nighttime lavender scent in the purple bottle. It's supposed to calm the baby, not sure if it does anymore than the other nonscented but it smelled nice. I always sponged off the baby more than soaked him. Especially his face, a damp washcloth will do just fine. Babies don't get dirty enough when they are newborns to really go through the trouble and stress of a rigorous bathing. They stay calmer if you gently wipe them off with a warm wet washcloth.
Johnson and Johnson products are ideal for any bathtime. Just note that some have perfumes and your baby may have an allergic reaction to the shampoo...hypoalergenic or non scented soaps works best! My lil man broke out the first time of using johnson and johnson but babies also have sensitive skin anyways...
Really any mild soap works. For the first couple of times, all you really need is plain water. Johnson products are generally associated with quality, they have been used for years, and work very well.


Hope this helped!
I used Johnson's baby foam wash for the first few baths for my baby when she was a newborn. I wouldn't see why you couldn't use them, they are made gentle enough to use everyday on babies.
The hospital I gave birth at bathed her with it and used the lotions too. I just gave my daughter her first sponge bath with it. I don't see why it's not ok (unless your baby gets an allergic reaction from it)
That is what it is for - but don't use too much and thoroughly dry baby afterwards
i used shampoo with my 2 and had no problems.





Have fun at bath time. If its your little ones first bath remember he/she will problably cry but it's just that they aren't used to it xxx
My mom didn't shower my brother for weeks while he was a new born. All she did was soak him in warm water. No soap. You may want to try that before using any baby products.
Wait until the pesky plug falls off her bellybutton.
Call a doctor and ask them. It will take you 2 minutes. Or you could just risk harming your baby...

No comments:

Post a Comment