Saturday, December 19, 2009

What is the best way to attach sample sized products (baby shampoo, etc.) to the outside of a diaper cake?

I really enjoy making diaper cakes and I have noticed that some of the professional sites show pictures of these products attached to the ribbon. How do they do it and keep it looking nice. Also, if anyone has ideas to add to the support of the cakes, I'm looking for those too. Thanks.What is the best way to attach sample sized products (baby shampoo, etc.) to the outside of a diaper cake?
Make sure you attach the baby paraphernalia AFTER you bake the cake. What is the best way to attach sample sized products (baby shampoo, etc.) to the outside of a diaper cake?
If you want to do it, glue it to the side of the ribbon with a hot glue gun. If you want to make it look nicer though I would get a some tiny fancy bags from Michaels or Joann Fabrics that you could put the sample in and then glue it to the side so it could match the ribbon a little better. I have always found that people enjoy my diaper cakes best when they find little surprises inside that they weren't expecting... I just take a few diapers out of the layers and insert other things like lotion, soap, washclothes, and other goodies. I think it makes it more exciting that just thinking there are diapers in there. Have fun... I love making diaper cakes!
Here is some awesome diaper cakes... with directions. Best of luck to you!





http://www.coolest-birthday-cakes.com/di鈥?/a>
My grandma made me a diaper cake and she used a hot glue gun to attach the stuff to the ribbon
my sister in law did my diaper cake for my baby shower and she glued the samples to the ribbon using a hot glue gun
hot glue gun and for support, build it around a few pieces of dowelling.


i love making diaper cakes! its so fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment