Saturday, December 19, 2009

What baby shampoo (and body wash) do you use when you give your baby a bath?

My son is 3 months old and has sensitive skin. I've tried the Johnson %26amp; Johnson baby shampoo, but that makes him red. I've also tried ';Grins and Giggles'; by Gerber and that seems to be better on his skin, but he's still a little sensitive to that.


I'm wondering .. what do you use on your baby when they take a bath??


And if your baby has sensitive skin -- what body wash (shampoo) worked best??


And, how often do you bathe your baby??





Thanks!What baby shampoo (and body wash) do you use when you give your baby a bath?
We have had zero problems with a couple of organic baby washes -- Earth's Best and Avalon. The Avalon smells sort of lemongrassy; I think I prefer the lavender of the Earth's Best...





That they're organic is probably meaningless as far as skin irritation goes, but stuff labelled organic and marketed to hippies like me tends to be a little lighter on the more harsh sorts of ingredients.





See:





http://www.jason-natural.com/products/ea…





The ';extra rich therapy creme'; stuff is amazing; it cleared up some rough patches on my daughter's face in no time. I now use it as a hand cream. It comes in a fantastic container; you push on part of the lid and it pops up; snaps back closed with a wee push too -- exactly what you want when you have a wet wriggler. But give the shampoo-n-body-wash a try.





I bring her into the tub with me _usually_ once a day, skipping the odd one. She tends to get a wee bit greasy of hair. She is also carried a lot, and gets sweater fuzz in her folds %26amp;c.What baby shampoo (and body wash) do you use when you give your baby a bath?
my daughter gets a bath every night part of her little routine (shes been sleeping 10 hours since 3 weeks) i use johnson and johnson bedtime bath and lotion that stuff is amazing! but since your little man has sensitive skin i would use Aveeno baby products its made especially for sensitive skin and eczema
You can try Aveeno baby wash which is also a shampoo. I really like the Aveeno Baby Lotion, it even works on my skin.
I use just the plain Johnson %26amp; Johnson
California Baby is AWESOME!!! My son has eczema and extremely sensitive skin. That is the only thing that ever works. This is what it does: ';Contains organic and sustainably grown ingredients





Cleansing agent: 100% Decyl polyglucose





No Sodium lauryl sulfate, DEA, or numbing agents





No tears, non-irritating, non-stripping formula. Safe and gentle





Two products in one--use head to toe. May be used for hair, face and body





Great for babies, kids, or adults with chemically sensitive skin. Will not irritate eczema or cradle cap reports of healing even stubborn cases





And the site...I love all their products!


http://www.californiababy.com/calming-sh…
johnson and johnson


soothing naturals


or cucumber
My baby has sensitive skin too. i used to use johnson and johnson but now i use ego QV body wash. they have a range of products like shampoo and cream.
I use Melaleuca baby wash and baby shampoo, it is wonderfull. Go to www.melaleuca.com, and you can order it even if you are not a member. It is wonderfull, it contains NO chemicals whatsoever. It is the best i could find. Hope it helps
I use Grins %26amp; Giggles in Oatmeal scent. My son smells SO good after his bathes. I do not know if he has sensitive skin or not yet because nothing I've used so far has affected him. I also bathe my son every 1-3 days depending on how many times he's pooped, thrown up ect ect. Basically every other day. I rarely do anything different then every other day.
my son has sensitive skin and i have found the best thing for him is just water for clean ups. if he is particularly messy then i use aveeno for baby. I do not use those disposbale wipes anymore for diaper changes because it actually irritates his little tush. i just wash him in the sink with water every diaper change. it takes a little more time but since i have been doing this he has not had any irritation at all.
Definately NOT Johnson%26amp;Johnson!! I use baby shampoo/body wash (from Jurlique) and never had a problem.





People don't realise how bad Johnson %26amp; Johnson are...they smell fantastic, but do people know what is in them??? They contain things ilke proplyne glycol, soodium laureyl sulphate (spellings?!) and more - ingredients that are linked with cancer (confirmed or not, a link is a link and not something I want to risk!). I know they need to be consumed to cause a problem, however often babies are getting some bath water in their mouths or young children eat soapy bubbles etc and drink bath water!! Not something I want to risk.





My friends' baby has excema and she used QV wash (soap-free) which helped. Not sure of what is in this one tho.





I bath my kids 2 or 3 times a week (they always get face/hands/bottom everyday).





PS another huge bug bear of mine is how popular J%26amp;J's baby oil is...The ingredients list is Mineral Oil and Fragrance!! Did you know what the ingredients are on my sewing machine oil bottle? Mineral Oil. So, effectively the only time I would use J%26amp;J's oil is to make my sewing machine smell pretty!!





Try using Olive Oil in the bath water (or for massage), it is full of nutrients, and leaves baby's skin feeling amazing. Great for cradle cap, too.
I use the johnson %26amp; johnson bedtime body wash and lotion -smells good and calms her down-she goes to sleep right away after her bath.





my baby is 3 mos and i give her a bath every other day (night)
Well, the reason your baby is breaking out is because of all the chemicals. A couple of responders have already explained that, and I can tell you with 100% certainty that it is correct. Johnson and Johnson and Gerber both have chemicals in it that, sadly, aren't good for anybody's skin, especially baby's!!


There have been a few good natural suggestions and I highly recommend you consider one of them. I personally use Burt's Bees baby shampoo and Jason's shampoo for my older child. Just make sure you go with something that is natural. Who cares how good it smells if it's harming your baby?





Oh, and because my baby likes to put everything he eats in his hair, I typically bathe him every night, but those lucky days that he doesn't, I skip the night with a quick rinse off in the sink for him bum.
We use Dove soap and have since she was a newborn. I read an article on Johnson and Johnson and did my own research and it's scary. Not good for baby. We also buy the California products online because I love the way they smell.
Ivory soap every other day (2 and a half months old) I also use Lubriderm lotion.
I use the Johnson %26amp; Johnson head to toe body wash usually for both his hair and body. He doesn't get red or anything and it smells good.
Maybe you should go see the baby's doctor to see what they will recommend because you don't want to keep changing his bathing soap a lot it might really do something to his skin bad...
I also use Grins and Giggles (the sweet pea and the oatmeal).. And they seem to work the best for my baby.....Johnson %26amp; Johnson, I didn't really care for because I really don't like the smell it leaves... But another good product that I liked is Baby Magic.. I LOVE their lotion too.. it is what I have been using lately......Depending on how old your baby is should determine how much you bathe them... They say you should only bathe a newborn once a week.. but my daughter had milk run down under her neck and her hair would look oily.. so I gave her a bath every other night.....She is now 11 months old and I give her a shower every night..mainly because it calms her down for bedtime.
I have always used the cheapest kind at walmart...I think it's parent's choice..and had no probs w/it irritating my daughters skin or bothering her eyes even. My daughter is 2 so I bathe her every day most of the time..sometimes I skip a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment