Saturday, December 19, 2009

How long does a bottle of baby shampoo last you?

I am having twins and I am trying to buy a super amount right now I know that I will be using it until they are at least 3 but how long does 1 bottle usually last you.How long does a bottle of baby shampoo last you?
I tihnk we went through a big bottle of shampoo/body wash and a medium bottle in about 2 years with my twins but they were boys so they never had much hair. We never really used lotion just becuase they never really got dry skin plus when they were little it was cold in our house so it was in the bath and in pajamas as soon as they were done so they wouldnt get chilled.How long does a bottle of baby shampoo last you?
My son is 3 months and the bottle is still mostly full. Don't buy a ton until you use it! Babies have very sensitive skin. I went through 3 different washes and 4 different lotions before I found one that didn't irritate his skin. Just buy one of everything for now. You will get to leave the house, I swear, even if it's only to shop for baby stuff.


Edit


; Chances are you won't need baby oil, it's only needed for severe cradle cap. Baby powder is a big no-no too! It's harmful to babies lungs, also talc causes cervical cancer.
My daughter is 5 months old and we just finished up 1 big bottle of baby shampoo. Baby lotion, well I am not even half way through my first big bottle and I use it every night after bath. Baby oil, I have but never use (I think maybe twice on a really dry patch of skin on her foot). Hmmm. baby powder, I use every night after bath on her bottom and I am still on my first big bottle of that. Diaper cream I am on my first tube of that still as well, but that is almost gone (I need to get some time actually). Good luck!
Our daughter is 15 months and we are still on the first bottle of shampoo, which we first started to use when she was 6 weeks old. We bath our daughter if not every night then every other night.


She still has next to no hair so i think it depends on.... What size bottle you buy and the lenght of your babies hair.





As for any baby oil we cant use anything on her skin as her skin is very sensitive. We still have a cupboard full of baby oil and things but just cant use them, i guess we should have waited before we went out a nd brought loads.


Maybe baby #2 can use them when they arrive march 7th 09
A pretty long time. My son was born with a head full of hair..... and now he has tons. For the first 5 months he got a bath 3-4 times a week. Since 5 months he gets a bath everyday now. I am just finishing up my second large bottle. I was given 4 bottles at my shower, and am not even half way through. It last a while. If your baby is bald.... I imagine it could last even longer. Its one of those things you don't need to really stock up on.





Wanted to add.... my son is 8 months old.
I had my son on 29th feb this year and i had several bottles bought for me, i opened the smallest of the bottles of johnsons baby shampp and we're still using it. I would say there is about 1/4 of it left.


I really wouldnt buy it in bulk. Just buy yourself the big bottle and it should last you at least 6 months with the twins x
My daughter gets a bath almost every night and she has really long hair. She's 21 months. I'd say 1 bottle of baby shampoo lasts us almost 2 months. I wish mine lasted that long!!!


Depends on how many baths they'll be getting a day!


Baby lotion - we go through a bottle a month at least. Baby oil - I never really used it except to cure her cradle cap!


Baby powder - I finally got through a huge bottle I was given at my shower (21 months ago!). I only put baby powder on her after her bath.
i started useing baby shampoo as soon as my son got home from the hospital. but a boole of baby shampoolast depnding upon home may time a week you give them a bath (since your not suppost to give them a bath everyday. drys their skin out) and how much you use a bottle will last me about 2 months
I have Gerber grins and giggles lavender, it has lasted months and I am not even half way. lotion the same. I wouldn't use oil, it can be deadly, if a baby gets even a drop of oil in their lungs there is no way to get it out and they will drown. Lotion will do just fine.
1 bottle can last 9 months to a year (for 1 child), longer if you're baby is bald. If you a buy a big bottle right now you won't have to worry about it for a while!
One big bottle lasted me almost a year! (And my son had a good head of hair). He was born in the middle of winter so we only bathed him once every few days the first few months. Congrats!
My son is 6 months and we are at about halfway down.


We are on our second bottle of baby wash though,and almost out.
a long long time especially if your babies have no hair lol.
My daughter is 2 1/2 and I've bought two bottles so far.
a long time my baby is 3 months and the bottle is still almost full

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting the exact details,its really a good information..



    Cradle Cap Care

    ReplyDelete