Saturday, December 19, 2009

When is it ok to stop using baby wash and start using regular types of soap with baby shampoo?

my son is 18 months old in about 9 days. is that an ok age?When is it ok to stop using baby wash and start using regular types of soap with baby shampoo?
I think you should use baby wash until they're a little older...It's easier on their skin. My son is 18 months old and we still use baby wash...In fact, My 8 year old still uses baby wash...





It's just so much more mild, And easier on their little bodies...Besides that, It smells way better than actual soaps! :-DWhen is it ok to stop using baby wash and start using regular types of soap with baby shampoo?
i think i would just keep using baby bath it makes there skin more softer and there some baby bath out there that makes them have a good nite sleep try and keep him as baby for as long as u can
Personally, I hang onto the baby soap/shampoo as long as possible. They are only little so long. I love the smell of baby soap, and its nice to not worry so much about it getting in their eyes. I think I used it on my two older boys until they were like 3 or 4 before changing them to kid soap.


Why are you wanting to change?
As long as he hasn't ever been sensitive to anything else...like scented wipes, laundry detergents, so on, he will probably be just fine. Just try it out on one arm or leg and watch it for signs of an allergic reaction and if it's clear in 48 hours keep on using it! Hope this helps!





( I personally LOVE to use Dove soap on my son...he always has soft skin after his bath :)
Yes, just fine, but start with Ivory or some very mild soap -- he may have reactions to the deodorants in some soaps.
Whenever you want to, you can let him use it until he moves out, it doesn't matter, you can use it no matter how old you are.
i would think 2-3yrs
Use baby shampoo until they stop getting it in their eyes. Some children manage this around age 6, my 34 year old husband still gets it in his eyes every time but can't be persuaded to use baby shampoo. Baby shampoo is ';tear free';.





I use regular soap for quick washes with a facecloth, but tear free baby wash and shampoo for baths.





Why do you want to switch? Cost? Sick of having too many things in your bathtub? (I'm just wondering)

No comments:

Post a Comment