Saturday, December 19, 2009

Is baby shampoo really the better option?

I went to get my split ends cut off today at my local hair salon and the hair dresser said that my hair is very fine. She suggested that I should use baby shampoo instead of other products as baby shampoo is less damaging to hair.





Also...what does having fine hair mean anyway? Is it just so thin that it breaks easily?





Thanks.Is baby shampoo really the better option?
As long as the baby shampoo you use is sulfate free, it would be better for you. Cocomidopropyl betaine is the cleanser in most baby shampoos, and it would be plenty to remove anything you would put in your hair. It's not as harsh as sulfates, but better than...say...castille soaps at removing things such as silicones (but I don't recommend using those if you can help it!).





Other recs for sulfate free shampoos - Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat, or 50:50 balancing. You can get it at almost any health food store - even my little local one carries it, and it's not expensive - maybe $5-7 per bottle. Is baby shampoo really the better option?
im not sure if baby shampoo would work but you could try it. if your hair is fine, it just means that the individual hair strands are thin.
  • makeup hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment