Saturday, December 19, 2009

Is it okay to use Johnsons's Baby Shampoo on dogs?

Because using it on my Pomeranian made her coat softer. It's even better than the dog shampoo I bought, which made her fur dry and sticky.Is it okay to use Johnsons's Baby Shampoo on dogs?
Baby shampoo is made for babies. Dog shampoo is made for dogs. Baby shampoo may work for a while, but you are risking drying out her skin. They make dog shampoos that are formulated for longer coats. See if you can find a dog shampoo with conditioners; that will probably be the best bet for your dog.Is it okay to use Johnsons's Baby Shampoo on dogs?
Well it is not my choice, I use Purepaws. However if you can use dawn dish washing soap on them I do not think baby shampoo would hurt. I would use a conditioner on her afterward to make sure you do not dry out their skin. I will share a secret with you. I use both Indian and black hair products on my dogs. The oils. I use these as they are better than any product out there for dogs to keep their coats from breaking and conditioning their skin.
I use people shampoo (Sauve and baby shampoo) on my dogs. Human conditioner too. Once a month they get a bath and it hasn't hurt them. One dog is 17 years and two are 15 years old and I believe if it was bad for them I'd know before now. One is a Pomerainian and if I didn't use hair conditioner on her, I don't think I could brush the mats out. So yes, baby shampoo is fine to use on your dog.
Have you considered using Sunlight soap, You know the yellow bar soap, the one you would keep in the laundry? It is a pure soap with out chemicals or perfumes. Doesn't cause any problems in sensitive animals, we even wash our guinea pigs with it.


It won't kill fleas or anything like that but is safe and gentle.
It is probably the safest human shampoo that you can use on a dog. I just wouldn't do it anymore than once every 2 months so that you don't dry out her skin. It should be fine though.
i wouldnt use it if i were you just to be on the safe side


there are plenty other shampoos that fit your pomeranian
Dogs have different PH Balance than humans. My favorite dog shampoo is called Earthbath.
Yes...That is all I use on my poodles!!!!
ya what ever u and ur dog likes

No comments:

Post a Comment