Saturday, December 19, 2009

What is good baby shampoo for cradle cap?

I have 2 month old son, and he has cradle cap on his head and forehead. I rub baby oil on it and let it sit for like 30min before bath. but it doesn't look getting better. I used aveeno dark blue bottle shampoo and Johnson and Johnson (yellow one) any recommendation for baby shampoo or soap? Is it better to put lotion on his forehead after a bath?


His forehead cradle cap looks red, oily and looks itchy also, is it something I need to take him to doctor?


I need some help! ThanksWhat is good baby shampoo for cradle cap?
When we took a new baby class our teacher told us that Aveeno was the best shampoo for cradle cap and Johnson and Johnson was the worst. Other than that I would ask your pediatrician.What is good baby shampoo for cradle cap?
my 2 month son is going through the same thing. it's getting better though. we just use johnson %26amp; johnson baby shampoo and then use a soft bristle brush and gentle massage his scalp with it and then rinse it off. With his forehead/eyebrows I just use a baby wash clothe and gentle exfoliate his face. I put aveeno baby lotion on his face and rub into his hair also and massage his head with it. you also can use cortizone 1% on his face (his pediatrician recommended it) and that helps also.
My daughter had cradle cap too. I called the doctor and the nurse told me to use Aveeno Baby Shampoo two to three times a day. After the shampoo is rinsed out, brush his hair with a soft brush or comb and then apply Aquaphor baby lotion on his head each time and brush it in. Doing this for a few days worked for my daughter! The nurse said that if the ears look like it too, then the doctor needs to take a look. Good luck to you!
Baby oil is great! After letting it sit on the scalp for a few minutes, take a fine tooth comb and comb the cradle cap off. It's really easy! It may take a few times to get all of it. Good luck!
Best thing--leave it alone. It will go away on its own. Just gently wash with a baby washcloth during bath time. Looks worse than it actually is.
i would skip the store brand items and take him to your pediatrician. it could be a little bit worse than cradle cap, like eczema. they might prescribe something for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment